With What We Could Carry
Through sculpture and computational rendering, Megan Young explores the complexities of heritage, labor, and technological advancement. Her work juxtaposes ancient construction methods against digital fabrication processes, while considering how past models are shaping our visions for the future.
The exhibition presented as a part of Eden Ünlüata-Foley’s Humankind Series features: 100 hand-pressed bricks, 3D prints of familial objects pressed into brick, 3D mesh portraits of the artist and family, coffee dyed textiles machine embroidered with conductive thread, steel frame, and a custom plinth finished with lime-pumice plaster.
ON VIEW /
- Manierr Dawson Gallery, WSCC (2023)
- Indiana University (2023)
- Eva Khachatryan, Suburb Platform Curator
- Eden Ünlüata-Foley, Manierr Dawson Gallery Curator
- Emily Zarse, Lineages of Birth Curator
- Jeffrey Hennies, Custom Plinth Fabrication
- DeAllen Young, 3D Printing Collaborator
- Leonardo Selvaggio, 3D Scanning Collaborator
- Megan Young