And Me in My Place
Social Practice & Experimental Film Series
This ongoing project embraces complexity in identity politics while exploring the physicality of labor across race, gender, and socio-economic lines. One-on-one interactions begin with physical exploration in participants’ workplace settings. The engagement continues with casual conversation around the cyclical trajectory of becoming, noting especially: passive, formative, or actualized personal gestures from the participant’s point of view. Digital video documentation is then edited and presented as short looping videos.
Special thanks to all participants and for project support by Rena Naltas, Evan Prunty, and Hunter Prunty.
ON VIEW /
- Art Souterrain (2018)
- Woman Made Gallery (2015)
- Rooms to Let: CLE (2015)
- Columbia College Chicago (2014)
- Installation documentation by Mike Patton, World Trade Center Montreal (2018)
VIDEO SAMPLES /
- And Me in My Place | Hyfa (2014)
- And Me in My Place | Necolia (2014)
- And Me in My Place | Christina (2018)